Comparing Different Testing ToolsCategory: General Posted:May 04,2015 By: admin
Software Testing is a method to check, verify and validate for a given application. Automation testing is testing with the help of scripts that are automated. Thus we need to execute the scripts to run the applications. QTP Selenium was developed by Jason Huggins. It is an open source testing tool. Simon Stewart developed, now both the tools have been merged to create an awesome tool. Microsoft with Visual studio 2010 introduced Coded UI Test:
Ease of Use
– Recording and Playback: This type of functionality helps in recording the action and to playback the actions. Selenium provides plugin feature. QTP has record button to record. Microsoft test manager is used to record actions. There is an option of fast forward playback option.
– Tester writes the test scripts using IDE and tools: With Selenium IDE we can insert commands for the view. QTP has Keyword view to help in displaying the steps of tests graphically and also the expert view to show the script lines of VB.
– Ease of Test Case execution
Selenium IDE the entire test suite can be executed. QTP IDE can record the tabs and run the window. The tests are executed with single button click.
QTP uses VBScript, whereas selenium uses Selenese. Selenium supports various versions of web browsers.
– Support for various application types
Selenium supports various types of applications. QTP supports any type of application.
– Support for various browsers
Selenium supports all types of browsers. QTP supports firefox and IE.
– Support for Data Driven Testing
Selenium uses extensions and supports xml data source.
– Exception Handling
Selenium does not support exception handling and unexpected errors. QTP helps in VBScript with the help of error statements.
– Going beyond
Selenium has lots of plugins available because it is an open source. QTP supports plug-ins for ActiveX controls.