SAP FICO Roles and ResponsibilitiesCategory: General, SAP FICO Posted:Sep 28, 2015 By: Robert
SAP FICO consultant is mainly responsible for designing, building and deploying SAP-based ERP solutions; leading analysis and design in the SAP FI/CO area, often in close cooperation with the clients finance team; Conducting structured testing internally and with users; Ensuring stabilization of the solution and continuous improvements.
SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO) is one of the most generally used SAP modules. SAP FICO module incorporates SAP FICO configuration, SAP FICO user. Anyone looking forward to starting their vocation as an SAP FICO consultant needs to assemble a solid base covering all these parts of the SAP FICO module.
Responsibilities of FICO Consultant include:
- Understanding the business requirement of the organization
- Preparation of Blue print for implementing the project.
- Implementation of the project.
- Validate the reports requirements
- Validate any changes in customize.
- Provide training to end-user.
- Sort out day to day queries of end users.
- Enhancement of the SAP for end user based on requirement.
Users can benefit greatly from the SAP FICO platform by tapping into– Why is SAP FICO consultant a profitable role?
- Attend meetings with the client.
- Gather Information on their current business processes and prepare a document.
- Gather information on their business requirements and prepare.
- Data Mapping-Mapping the source data element for each data element in the target environment.
- Gap Analysis-finding the gap between As-Is and To-Be processes.
- Document on requirements gathered during workshops which is nothing but Business Blueprint.
- Functional testing and Integration Testing.
- Configure Global settings and Enterprise structure settings.
- Configure G/L, A/P, A/R, Asset Accounting.
- Prepare End user training Document.
- Prepare workflow which is nothing but sequence of business processes flow to complete the project within defined scope, budget and time.
- Production support after the product goes Live
SAP FICO consultant could be either in-house or External. An in-house consultant works for the organization during execution and after go-live periods, while external consultants are only part of the implementation team. Their responsibility ends when the project’s go-live. The consultant plays a more significant role than end/power clients in the organization since they are answerable for the execution and system setup based on business necessities, GAAP analysis, improving procedures, and searching for new opportunities/items. Turning into FICO Consultants is the next big step in a career.
Want to dive even deeper into this topic? Click here– Importance of an SAP FICO Consultant in the Finance Industry
Desired Skills & Experience
- Least of 3 years of SAP experience supporting General Ledger in addition to at least 3 of the accompanying capacities: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inter-company Accounting, Project System, Management Accounting.
- Experience in a Professional Services or Distribution company is an asset.
- Understanding of accounting business processes.
- Capacity to comprehend business forms from a client’s point of view.
- Capacity to work in a group domain, viably cooperating with others.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Involvement with FI integration focuses on other SAP-based ERP modules like MM, HR, PP, and PM.
- Least of 5 years of involvement with a full cycle implementation as well as in support projects.
- Capacity to perform multiple tasks and deal with different expectations and undertakings simultaneously.
Click here to get a better idea of the SAP FICO – Career Opportunities for SAP FICO Certified Professionals
- Be adaptable.
- Capable, self-motivated and confident.
- Must be straightforward and reliable.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
These are the related articles that you can check