Streamlining the HR processes with SAP SuccessFactors Employee CentralCategory: SAP SuccessFactors - EC & PMGM Posted:Aug 20, 2018 By: Alvera Anto
Nowadays, HR processes have become the critical part in most of the organization, ranging from strategic planning to enterprise image. There are different areas in which the HR preserves the control and can improve the workforce experience while firming their business operations. But sometimes the organization fails to achieve their business objectives due to the complexities that exist in HR processes. This may happen because of the traditional, unequal, and unscalable HR framework. Therefore, a complete global HR framework is delivered by the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central which provides a single, all-inclusive view of the organization’s employees. With the Employee Central, the organizations are now able to help their global workforce management and intelligent decision making.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central also offers a flexible and highly extensible HR solution which gives a better perceptibility of various functionalities of HR services. Additionally, this solution also provides support for the requirements related to local and global compliance. Utilizing which the organization would be able to implement a talent-driven approach for the workforce planning with entrenched, intuitive reports, and analytics. It also emphasizes value-added actions that help to achieve the business objectives and strategies. The HR processes should be streamlined to enhance the operational efficiency and employees’ perception, and deliver lawful compliance through different countries.
The SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central delivers the essential features such as people and transactions, global benefits, organizations and position management, time management, reporting, and analytics. To know the status of an organization’s worker resources the organization should have excellent and clear HR data. The HR department is being observed in a more planned role and is frequently called upon to deliver a strategic view of the organization’s workforce base. It is required to have a good and complete data to fulfill the robust reporting and local compliance demands. Producing a precise headcount report is essential. If the data are incomplete and inaccurate, it will lead to the problems related to the staffing and payroll. This may also result in overpays, underpays as well as no pay.
The SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central helps the clients to enter and maintain the complete and valid data. It carried out various checks and balances for preventing the incomplete and inappropriate data. The following ways can validate the data:
- By marking a field as per the requirement, which confirms the completeness of data and it removes the missing of important data.
- The data entered in the fields can be typed as numbers, dates, text, etc. to confirm the entering of appropriate values.
- The data consistency is enhanced, by utilizing the collection lists, defaulting of values, propagation of values from a known catalog.
- The common fields can be selected from the drop-down list.
- Utilizing the business guidelines as a default field value from other employee data.
- The values from different catalogs or object definitions are utilized to settle the employee records.
- The business rules are organized to compute and populate fields and also to confirm the entries. When the data is irrelevant or inconsistency, the HR administrators receive a system notification.
1. The employee central contains a global template using which a data field set is defined to keep the data related to the employees without any concern about their location. It includes first name, last name, job title, salary, etc. This template is a global template as it is the least standard of data which has to be collected and reported for every employee. It can be accessed and utilized globally, i.e., it should be used by everyone and can be made usable for everyone. It can be interpreted into the local languages and supports local exchanges. With the help of this template, the date formats and County-specific numbers are presented. The global template involves the following benefits:
- The fields in this template can be quickly needed, arranged and authorized.
- The field can be marked as compulsory, i.e., the field which has to be made accessible for global reporting.
- There is no more misplaced data or imperfect record.
- For recently recruited employees there are no more missed paychecks because of the misplaced National IDs or data relevant to income.
- The report includes global headcounts, pay and reimbursement reports.
The global templates should be defined by the organization even if the organizations are not universal.
2. Employee Central supports for localization. It monitors the local regulatory and compliance changes and also modifies the data fields and formats. It provides lawful needs, local best practices, obedience, and statutory reports.
It also supports for globalization, which means the client is capable of utilizing the application in a particular country involving the completion of data fields which are world-wide relevant, conversion of application into different languages, organized to support in-country standards such as time zones, currencies, and few configurable fields for example date and number formats.
3. The Employee Central helps to keep the employee data up to date:
A Human Resource Information System is said to be good if it contains the appropriate data. It is tedious and time-consuming to keep the record of employees personal and job-related data updates. Sometime it may happen that the HR would be the last person to know about these changes. The Employee Central allows the employees and managers to create their data changes in the system as they can peculiar their data and most familiar about the changes being made in the system. The HR councils can further move ahead with the job of data entry into a more strategic part. Performing the directed procedures and sent to the appropriate persons and crowds for authorization and notification.
4. Employee Self Service:
With the help of this feature of employee central, the employees are capable of making the primary changes to their personal information such as modifications in the address, personal contact information that includes home phone or email, direct deposit information, etc. The employees can make the changes directly in the system. By utilizing this feature, they can keep and know the updated information better than the HR, which ultimately decreases the risk factors. The employees can apply the compulsory fields and formatting instructions to confirm the data completeness. The other services like workflow approvals or notifications are optional services as per the requirements.
5. It offers manager self-service:
With the help of this feature of employee central, the manager can make the primary modifications to the team member’s occupation or service information like job changes, transfer, improvement in pay, etc. With this feature, the manager can keep and understand the modified information better than HR which decreases the error risk. To make sure about the data completeness the manager can apply the formatting rules and mandatory fields. They utilize the workflow approvals and notifications which are elective but traditional.
6. Workflows and notifications:
When there is a future or approved data modification in the system, the workflows are considered as a notification. Few workflows need an authorization or rejection while other workflows are only for notification. When a self-service employee or manager make a labeled data change, a workflow is started, and the proposed type of change sends it. The workflow methods are arranged for every client and may differ for various business scenarios. It can also be designed for different divisions and locations, department via the utilization of dynamic roles.
Advantages of Self-service and Workflow:
- Both self-service and workflows are used in combination with each other to manage and process the employee data changes.
- With the self-service feature, the manager and employee can make peculiar the data and the source of truth in most of the cases which helps in decreasing the error risk.
- The future data modifications are quickly reviewed and verified by HR, payroll, benefits, higher level managers, etc. by using the workflows. They can be delegated and escalated as per the requirements.
- The modification processes are carried out in the system that permits for tracking of activities and agreements.
- The self-service helps in reducing the HR time, which is devoted to the data entry and paper scuffling.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central features:
1. The SAP SuccessFactors employee central includes the global processes and local best practices for the worldwide adjustment of business processes.
2. It provides consumer-grade experience HR that gives an instinctive, user-friendly interface which can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
3. It provides flexible architecture, including extensible, configurable, and modular architecture to support the business requirements.
4. It offers improved decision making which enhances the HR business influence.
5. It also provides flawless incorporation which can be easily connected to cloud-based application or on-premise.
6. The continuous innovation is possible with the employee central without any extra expense.
The SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central provides a flexible and highly extensible structure of an organization which helps them to simplify their HR procedures. It also provides the organizations with a simple, extensible and worldwide system of records.
If you are looking for more such engaging blogs, visit our website. At ZaranTech, we offer a self-paced online training program on SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central conducted by industry experts. Enroll today& Get certified.