Overview of SAP SuccessFactors Employee CentralCategory: SAP SuccessFactors - EC & PMGM Posted:Jul 10, 2020 By: Serena Josh
What is SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central?
It is an integrated suite of web-based Human Capital Management (HCM) applications. SuccessFactors Employee Central gives an alternate to oversee key HR activities and has HR master information like employee name, identification, user name, and so forth by joining SuccessFactors’ core HCM applications including Management, Workforce Analytics, and Succession Planning software.
SAP SuccessFactors Products & Services
Key Features of SAP SuccessFactors
SuccessFactors Employee Central is adaptable and worldwide core HR solutions that encourage you to fulfill the desires for your customers and the needs of your organization.
- Individuals and Transactions – Keep track of all primary Human Resources information, based on country explicit fundamentals, for all employees and startling work. With the overall public profile feature, you can fabricate benefits with winning self-organization shapes that give rapid and basic access to essential projects transversely over contraptions, impact embedded constraint to ensure uniformity, and pass on best practices to standardize HR frames all over the world.
- Association and Position Management – Model and visualize your connection by handling the definitive organization feature to use embedded examination for consistent comprehension into your entire workforce. By then, upgrade management capacity by using the position the officials feature to amass a foundation for the streamlined enrolling, support movement masterminding, make learning procedures, and engage better workforce arranging.
- Time Management – Impact time the load up abilities to make specialist proficiency, in point of view of the embedded time the official’s capacities for overall non-appearance the load up and time following, as per neighborhood law and overall work understandings. Empower your agents to easily record any type of non-appearance and interest and get continuous comprehension into their equalities, extra time, and premiums.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Transition Paths
Generally, there are 4 deployment options. They are full use, Extend, and connect Side-by-side and Core-hybrid.
1. Full use- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is used as an out and out core Human Resources structure. This includes record-keeping for internals and unforeseen work, association and position management, global benefits as well as time management.
2. Extend & Connect- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central expands a current legacy core Human Resources framework as well as fills as a ‘view only’ core HR framework, for record viewing for the organization, position, and individuals information on all gadgets for internals and unexpected work, and can similarly be utilized as a ‘data layer’ for several legacy core HR Solutions dependent on the Employee Central data model and integration tools. This deployment option is made economically appealing due to the reality that customers are not utilizing the complete capabilities inside SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
Note: This option replaces the previous price list item ‘SAP SuccessFactors People Central Hub’ (Commercial change only, the technical infrastructure continues as before).
3. Side-by-side- In this deployment option SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is joined with an SAP ERP HCM on-premise core HR framework. The two frameworks fill in as ‘master systems’ for part of the workforce, and data are combined for example reporting purposes.
4. Core-Hybrid- In this deployment option, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is accompanied by an SAP ERP HCM for customers that require to continue running Payroll and/or Time Management in their on-premise framework, and need to modernize all other core HR procedures.
These deployment options allow SAP customer to change to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central in two strategies:
- Directly approach.
- Two-step approach.
- The first scenario (Full use)- This is one of the most commonly used scenarios when the customer replaces their existing legacy system fully in one transition project.
Benefits: Use all the benefits of SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central and wider SAP SuccessFactors suite on the go.
- The second scenario (Extend and Connect)- This deployment choice is often middle of the road situation where the legacy core Human Resources framework remains set up for the time being, yet SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is included/associated and goes about as an expansion. This implies the inheritance framework is as yet the arrangement of record and all data is kept up there, nonetheless, the data can be exchanged to Employee Central to manage it.
Benefits: First of all, all employees will have online access to individual data with creative highlights like organization graphs or individuals’ search on cell phones.
Also, for customers with different conveyed core HR frameworks, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central can be utilized as a union center for united company revealing, and all reconciliation tools and material can be utilized to associate with various applications inside the SAP Portfolio or beyond.
- The third scenario (Side-by-side)- It’s also an intermediate scenario where SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is executed for part of the company while the rest remains with SAP ERP HCM as the master core Human Resources framework.
For Example, An international enterprise may select to move one country over first, at that point pursue with the rest in stage 2. Our integration between the two solutions guarantees that data is kept in sync and that global reporting is conceivable.
- Fourth scenario (Core-Hybrid)- Again, an intermediate scenario situation where time management or payroll proceed running in SAP ERP HCM. Regularly picked by clients who need to move to the cloud in a phased technique. In the first stage, the large majority of self-service procedures are executed as a component of Employee Central and connected through means of standard (pre-packaged) reconciliations to the time and payroll procedures in SAP ERP HCM. In a later phase payroll and time can be moved to the SAP SuccessFactors cloud.
Transitioning a core Human Resources framework is dependably a test, yet with the adaptable deployment options for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, customers can make the transition a lot easier.
Where the Employee Central sits in the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite?
Employee Central has become the key item of the suite that underlies alternative processes and modules provided over the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite, especially around skill and analytics. The core data anticipated to run Human Resources organization processes, for instance, Remuneration changes, rewards, succession planning, organization management, etc. sit in your core HR system, which in the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite is the Employee Central.
What are the available Features & Functionalities of Employee Central?
To manage a wide range of global and local Human Resources processes, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central is embedded with a rich range of features and functions.
What are the 5 Essential Features of SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central?
1) Manage Business Configuration Application-
The manage business configuration application enables you to design the portlets of the Personal Information, Employment Information, and Employee Profile screens in the UI. The portlets
these screens have been designed by XML that is uploaded by means of Provisioning, nonetheless, SuccessFactors introduced the capability to organize them through this application in One Admin. This offers you the full ability to change the Employee Data screens as you call for, without the help of an execution accomplice.
With this app, you can consist of, conceal, expel or rename fields, just as modification field qualities, (for instance, regardless of whether they are required for input, synced to Employee Profile, or have PII masking), manage label translations and relegate business standards to either field inside a portlet or to the portlet itself. You also can rename a portlet or hide the portlet.
In the event that this application is empowered, the authorizations for handling organization configuration are assigned to your consent duty or exist in the Permission settings for the role. In case the application isn’t empowered, an implementation partner or SAP support must encourage this attribute in Provisioning.
2) The Instance Synchronization Tool
For SAP clients, the prospect of utilizing a manual “transport” component to move changes beginning with one framework then onto the next would be unfathomable. Along these lines, SuccessFactors presented and as of late upgraded – the example synchronization tool.
This is easy to use tool that empowers the replication of arrangement, articles as well as information between events. This includes:
* System Properties * Data Models
* Foundation objects *Generic Objects
* Data created for generic objects * User data
* Picklists * Workflows
The intensity of this tool indicates that you can unquestionably make changes in your growth and preview environment and exchange them to your test and production environment without expecting to reproduce configuration or data in various instances, which had normally been the strategy utilized to transport changes.
To decide if this tool is equipped, check whether the authorizations for manage instance synchronization are doled out to your permission role or exist in the Permission settings for the work. If the tool is not enabled, implementation partners or SAP assistance needs to enable this feature in provisioning.
Want to Dive Deeper? Click Here
3) The Payment Information Portlet-
The new payment details portlet changes the Direct Deposit portlet in the Personal Details screen. Already the Direct Deposit portlet was genuinely stringent, did not give work process capabilities, and offered limited configuration selections. Moreover, SAP will end assistance for the Direct Deposit portlet.
Based on the Metadata Framework, the payment details portlet provides the adaptable, configurable usefulness that supports the Metal Framework and additionally conveys worked in financial balance authorizations. By utilizing the payment information portlet you would not be able to transform the majority of the areas on the portlet, (as an example, data type or including PII masking), have granular authorizations connected to various customers, and include much-needed work processes. Likewise, the portlet is a powerful date with the objective that all history can be seen.
Clients already using the Direct Deposit portlet can utilize the Upgrade Center to empower this element and move the data to the information payment portlet. Any current interfaces may need to be balanced, so they should be researched. Combination with SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll will continue filling not surprisingly.
To make a decision if this element is empowered, inspect whether the authorizations for payment data in the numerous consent classification are assigned to your permission role or exist in the Permission settings for the work. If the component isn’t empowered, pursue the means in the “Configuring Payment Information (Administration Guide)” on the SAP Marketplace to empower it.
4) Data Retention Management-
This feature empowers you to cleanse employees and related data from the system. From an Employee Central point of view, this data integrates latent users and Time Off information. This enables you to expel chronicled data for either lawful purposes or simply only for data purifying.
Because employees are novel, depictive details that are terminated with this element can not be re-made. As an example, expelling a specific employee implies that the ID can not be reused in the system again.
To decide if this feature is empowered, check whether the consents for manage information cleanse are relegated to your authorization role or exist in the Permission setups for the work. In case the element isn’t empowered, an implementation or SAP assistance should empower this element in Provisioning.
5) Manage Mass Changes-
With managed mass changes you can change to the work information or work Relationships of events of employees. Any data from the work Details portlet can be changed just like an activity relationship. You can make events of employees likewise that you can make Permission Teams or Workflow Teams.
Beware that approvals checks right now do not occur when rolling out mass improvements. As an example, an area could be assigned to an employee that the affiliations would not permit if an endeavored change was rolled out via Improvement Work and Payment Information or with the employee’s background.
Even with the reality that mass modifications are constrained to work Information and work Relationships presently, effectiveness involves empowering mass modifications for Positions.
To make a decision if this feature is empowered, check whether the permissions for handling mass changes are doled out to your authorization work or exist in the Permission setups for the work. If the feature isn’t empowered, an implementation partner or SAP assistance needs to empower this element in Provisioning.
Whenever empowered, these 5 highlights can enable you to claim your system so you can prepare as well as keep it up as your business changes.
These were the important points that you need to understand about SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
SuccessFactors Employee Central gives an alternate to oversee key HR activities and has HR master information like employee name, identification, user name, and so forth by joining SuccessFactors’ core HCM applications including SuccessFactors’Talent Management, Workforce Analytics, and Succession Planning software.
If you are planning to boost your skills, choose our best online training platform, and learn from industry experts. So what are you waiting for? Visit ZaranTech, to skyrocket your career with the unique learning needs because Learning Never Exhausts The Mind.