Impact of SAP S/4HANA 1709 in Different Areas of BusinessCategory: SAP S/4HANA Posted:Oct 25, 2018 By: Alvera Anto
Presently, the technological world is changing with incredible speed. With the introduction of SAP S/4HANA, the ERP experience is becoming much more simple, effective, and efficient. In September 2017, SAP has released its most recent innovations to S/4HANA, i.e., SAP S/4HANA 1709. This newest release of SAP S/4HANA provides novelties and latest intelligence which supports organization to excute in this dynamic and fast digital world. The SAP S/4HANA 1709 release is now usually available, this particular release executes on SAP HANA 2, which is the second generation of SAP’s in-memory database platform. It also allows clients to achieve benefits from the latest innovations in the database system. SAP S/4HANA 1709 enables each place of an organization to provide business outcomes. SAP S/4HANA is the basis for industries to manage machine learning and Internet of Things (IoT) situations; this unites transactional as well as logical capabilities in real-time.
SAP S/4HANA’s latest release provides various benefits to the user. For example, it has the feature like embedded transportation management. Earlier, the customers were using two systems and the corresponding integration. But with SAP S/4HANA 1709, all the transportation processes can be assessed together in a single framework which helps in decreasing data redundancy. The other feature is Catch weight management, with the help of this feature customers can use a parallel adjustable quantity in inventory management to evaluate goods movement of their logistic amounts independently.
SAP S/4HANA 1709 also offers a comprehensive collection of innovations for a particular business as well. This article represents the impact of the latest release of SAP S/4HANA in various business area.
Finance: Finance is the first industry which has influenced by SAP S/4HANA 1709. SAP financial closing cockpit is an essential fragment of SAP S/4HANA 1709. With the help of this latest release, the business operators can achieve excellent transparency and understand all through the closing cycle during the enhancement of their productivity with automated closing responsibilities and improved user experience. It is better to associate your digital core to the business edge with the enhanced integration of procedures among various finance operations and the business network applications. It also involves:
- Discount and account management with Ariba network.
- Cost center with SAP SuccessFactors solutions
- Compensation guidance with SAP Fieldglass solutions.
- Supply chain finance with the SAP’s Ariba Payable solution
SAP S/4HANA 1709 also provided distinguished innovations in the field of finance, such as:
- Novel functionality for capital and cash management, for instance, enhanced foreign currency fence administration and advanced bank relationship management.
- Central process execution is for accounts payable and receivable in central finance.
- Real-time merging skills with the evacuation of inter-company exchanges.
With the SAP S/4HANA 1709 accounting and financial close solutions, it is possible to simplify the various accounting process for multiple companies, currencies, accounts plans, and reporting standards. This solutions allows finance to close account books on time effectively, and develop financial statements at the entity and the business levels, or other global and local needs.
SAP has provided the latest accounting system for finance groups, which is required to simplify the leading financial and closing processes to meet the enhanced complicated business requests. It also speeds up the company’s way to economic transformation by removing the limits between transactional and logical processes united with confirmed excellence in accounting and closing capacities.
The SAP’s S/4HANA 1709 accounting and financial close solution provides several benefits to the users such as:
1. Accelerated closing: The accounting and financial close solution decrease cycle time through automation, integration, and association.
2. Lower cost of finance: Faster processes increases productivity and decreases cost. It also mechanizes manual steps to decrease the employee’s workloads which in turn lessen the work cost and raises productivity.
3. Responsiveness: It closes the gap between the vision and activities and helps to achieve fast multidimensional reporting.
4. Real-time business awareness: With the help of accounting and financial close, you can quickly resolve any issues to the business and becomes closer to the business.
5. Harmonization: It matches internal and external reporting without any redundancy.
6. Flawless access: It provides perfect self-service access to the contacts and analytics anywhere, any time.
7. Modern user experience: With the help of the latest technology innovations, it provides current user experiences.
8. Boundless Extensibility: It has infinite potential to spread the customer’s particular business requirements.
9. Foundation for finance transformation and innovation: It gives a flawless path to your finance transformation.
10. Compliance: With the help of SAP S/4HANA accounting and close feature, it is possible to meet the requests of complex compliance regulations efficiently.
Extended Supply Chain: The latest release of SAP S/4HANA is also impacting to extended supply chain management. The previous version of SAP S/4HANA i.e., 1610 carried enhanced supply chain and manufacturing functionality, for example, production planning and detailed scheduling, prolonged warehouse management directly into chief ERP system; this removes practical limits and permits businesses to arrange end-to-end supply chain and manufacturing procedures for responding to clients request for personalized products. The recent release, i.e. SAP S/4HANA carry on supply chain conversion path of the previous version by incorporating the SAP transportation management application into the core, and providing the industry’s first linked supply chain and developing ERP solution from planning, and forecasting each downstream production, execution, and transportation.
With the new release of SAP S/4HANA, the logistics experts can now enjoy the benefits of a new transportation arena including load alliance, arrangement, and optimization, automated carrier selection, etc. It helps in decreasing the complication of IT landscape, but also provide the best transportation tools concurrently so that the operations can be carried out effectively and efficiently.
With the help of SAP S/4HANA 1709, the businesses can use the demand-driven material pre-requisites planning in supply chain and industrial environment. It is also possible to deliver the real-time ordering of supply orders, diminish inconsistency with planned buffering, and abbreviated lead times. This also decreases cost with complete stock while confirming high client benefits level. This idea of new material pre-requisite planning delivers complete interest transparency, decision support, immediate vision, and quick goal dependent on lead time and utilization examination.
There are few more distinct supply chain and manufacturing innovations, which are observed in SAP S/4HANA 1709:
1. In supplier relationship management: This is the latest central buying hub for combined purchase demands.
2. In warehouse management: It includes incorporation of quality management processes and management for accidental returns.
3. In manufacturing for complex assembly: It involves improved complete development environment, modified impact investigation, and framework based shop-floor checking with programmed issue detection.
4. In manufacturing engineering: It involves engineering bill of material, i.e. BOM conversion to a manufacturing bill of materials, three-dimensional visual support for BOM stuff and animated work directives.
5. In extended production processes: It includes improved monitor production requests and activities, root cause analysis and decision support for shop-floor operation issues, managing work queues and change following existing production requests, tracking and following of individual parts.
3. Sales and Marketing: Sales and marketing is another business area which is influenced by SAP S/4HANA 1709. Starting with the support package stack 01, i.e. SPS 01, there is an idea to have functionality in SAP S/4HANA for customer management, constructing the technical foundation to complement billing, pricing, service, and other customer-driven procedures for industries with various on-premise and cloud approaches.
SAP S/4HANA 1709 has innovative SAP FIORI apps which enhances sales order processing, entitlements, revenues, and refund management, sales master data management, observing and analytics, billing and invoicing, etc. Particular features of this SAP FIORI apps include the new app such as My Sales Overview app for internal sales agents, the capability to recognize and list partial sales documents, agreements, and the combination of billing data, sales orders, sale contracts, debit memo requests, and outbound conveyances into one receipt.
SAP S/4HANA 1709 has not just shown its impact on these business areas, but it has affected other businesses as well. SAP S/4HANA 1709 has appeared as the next-generation digital core platform, which helps several business processes and supports future innovative interests. With this latest innovation, the opportunity exists to change the business processes and attain the digital business transformation with more automation and real-time perceptibility.
Got any questions for us? Please mention it in the comments section and we will return it to you. At ZaranTech we offer a self-paced online training program for S4 HANA. Skyrocket your career by learning from the best!
You can also visit our website for more engaging and informative articles.