Ask these questions before joining the Workday HCM trainingCategory: Workday HCM Posted:Jul 06, 2017 By: Serena Josh
Workday HCM was founded by David Duffield, the founder and former CEO of the ERP company PeopleSoft, and former PeopleSoft chief strategist Aneel Bhusri. It has a wide range of functions aimed at unifying human resource capabilities into a single, easy-to-use system. Workday, an on-demand cloud-based enterprise application that combine affordable ownership with an advanced approach to all businesses by providing blended Financial Management and Human Capital Management (HCM) applications. Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) combines Human Resource (HR) and Talent Management into a single system of record. It redefines global, mobile and diverse workforce management. This helps in recruiting the best talent, gaining insight into employee skills and needs, identifying and developing future leaders.
1. What does Workday do?
Workday provides cloud-based enterprise application for Human Capital Management (HCM), Payroll, Financial Management and Analytics. They provide highly accessible, adaptable and reliable applications to manage critical business application functions to customers.
2. How does ERP relate to Workday?
In Workday, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a generic term for Integrated Business System Suites such as Human Resource Management (HRM), Talent Management, Payroll Solutions and Finance Systems and so on.
3. Will Workday work on any computer with any Internet browser?
Yes, Workday supports most of the browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
4. Will my personal information be secure?
Yes, Information Security is on high priority in Workday. This delivers world-class infrastructure, procedures and policies to ensure data security. Strong internal controls and a comprehensive security program mitigate security threats and risks.
5. What are the important features of Workday HCM?
The key important features of Workday HCM are:
• Talent Management
• Time Tracking
• Payroll Solutions
• Goal Management
• Performance Management
• Succession Planning
• Career and Development Planning
• Payroll Co-sourcing Services
• Cloud Connect for Third-party Payroll
6. Who are the typical users of Workday HCM?
Large enterprises and midsize business are the typical customers who implement Workday HCM.
7. What languages does Workday HCM support?
Workday HCM supports English.
8. Does Workday HCM support mobile devices?
Yes, Workday HCM supports iPhone and iPad devices.
9. Is Workday easy to use?
Yes, Workday is very user-friendly and it makes the user work easily.
10. Have Higher Education Institutions implemented Workday?
Yes, most of the institutions have implemented Workday. Penn State is the first university to implement Workday and we have growing list of universities. Some of the universities such as Brown University, Cornell University, Carnegie-Mellon University, Georgetown University, Louisiana State University and others have implemented Workday for their Payroll and HCM initiatives.
11. What will this new system look like?
Workday is an intuitive, visual system which is similar to many websites such as shopping, banking social media and so on.
12. What is a Business Process?
Workday Business Process is a set of tasks people initiate, act and approve to achieve a preferred business objective. Workday routes the transaction to the next responsible role, users – who are capable of completing the task based on the security role.
13. What kind of reporting will be available?
Workday provides access to real-time, multi-dimensional analytics and reports where employee or manager can take immediate action directly off any report or analytic by drilling down to transaction level details.
14. What are the job roles available for Workday HCM professional?
The available job roles for Workday HCM professional are mentioned below:
• Workday Manager
• Workday Analyst
• Workday Consultant
• Workday Architect
• Workday Project Manager
• Workday Functional Consultant
15. What is the average salary of Workday HCM Consultant in the United States?
The average salary of Workday HCM Consultant in United States is $107,000.
16. What is the demand for Workday HCM?
According to Workday’s Q3 2017 Financial results, overall revenue was up 34.2% and subscription revenue was up 38.3%. Since HCM is the primary revenue driver at this point in time, demand is still high.
17. List few leading MNCs who recruit Workday professionals.
Here are few leading MNCs who recruit Workday professionals:
• Towers Watson
18. What can I do with Workday HCM?
In Employee Self-Service, you can make some changes in information such as home address, mobile phone, email, W-4 withholding allowances, emergency contact, and payroll direct payment accounts. You can also view information such as your benefit elections, pay stubs, future W-2 forms, and tax elections.
19. What transformation will Workday HCM bring about in the field of Human Resources?
The following are some of the changes Workday HCM has bought in Human Resources field namely:
• Reporting (Easy time saving)
• Job Schedule and Notifications
• User Interface
• Search Bar
• Related Actions
• Audit Trail
• Availability in all devices
20. Is Workday replacing ADP, also known as HRB, Payex and the Self-Service Portal?
Yes, Workday is replacing ADP, Payex and the Self-Service Portal.
21. How do I change my career path from core Java developer to Workday functional consultant?
For switching to a functional role you need good analytical skills and have a good pickup speed for business requirements. You can develop analytical skills by practicing critical and analytical reasoning skills.