Data Modeling made easy with SAP MDG for FinancialsCategory: SAP MDG Posted:Apr 30, 2020 By: Alvera Anto
In terms of data modeling, the master data governance requirements are similar to the needs of the master data reporting in SAP BW. Whereas in SAP BW data versions can consist of different InfoObjects for cost centers, customers, products, and more. In SAP MDGF we find data design that consists of multiple kinds including their attributes, whether they can be viewed in the hierarchy, just how teams are managed, and so on. It is necessary to comprehend that this design links relevant data, so the link between the cost center and the earnings facility is considered a part of the design. From SAP MDGF 7.0, you will also discover a link between accounts and primary cost components. The figure below depicts the relation between the different entities in Financials.
SAP provides several data designs for master data governance, which your administrator can activate using the IMG. You’ll discover the setups under Cross-Application Components > Procedures and also Tools for Enterprise Applications > Master Data Governance > General Setups > Data Designing > Edit Information Version. The supplied information models include the following (once again, take a look at these choices with your manager).
- Chart of Accounts and also Org. Devices (0G): This version was provided in EHP 5 for usage in the mix with the business feature Master Data Governance for Financials, Organizational Devices (FIN_MDM_ORG). The data model includes companies, earnings facilities, as well as cost centers, in addition to charts of accounts and cost aspects. If you intend to execute in improvement bundle 5 or later on, utilize this information model instead of 0F.
- Chart of Accounts (0F): This version was delivered in enhancement plan 4 for use in integration with the business feature Financial Master data Governance: Graphs of Accounts (FIN_MDM_ACC). The information design supports the main definition of global as well as regional graphs of accounts. This model has been superseded by data version 0G.
- Business Partners (BP): This covers the master data for the business partner, the provider, and also the customer. Shipment of the distributor design started with EHP 5 and also proceeded over succeeding enhanced packages. Distribution of the vendor model started with EHP 6 as well as proceeded over subsequent enhancement bundles.
- Material Maintenance (MM): This covers the master data for the product master. The shipment of the model began with EHP 5 and also proceeded over subsequent improvement bundles. From a managing point of view, you will find that the MDG-M design covers both basic master information and also valuation-specific data, making it compatible with numerous sights of the product master.
The number listed below programs the entity types in the master data model Chart of Accounts and Org. Units (0G). The entity types of the most rate of interest to the controller are the cost components (CELEM), cost element groups (CELEMG), cost component hierarchies (CELEMH), cost center (CCTR), cost groups (CCTRG), and cost center hierarchies (CCTRH).
In the number listed below, see 2 basic elements of SAP MDGF:
- The regulating entity kinds are flagged as being changeable and this is done through a change request. This suggests that we’ll locate the change request used as both a ticketing device to inform the pertinent stakeholders that something is to be done and also as a DataStore for the various approvals required before the change can be carried out.
- The entity types are related to a version. An edition usually describes a particular amount of time, such as the second quarter of 2014, and the entire teams together change to the master information requested within that time framework. Numerous change requests can be assigned to a solitary version, and once all these requests have been refined the information in the version can be reproduced to the regional systems.
If we compare this data design with the information model for product masters received the figure listed below, we see that these entities are likewise linked with adjustment requests yet that there is no version. The items are merely maintained and afterward reproduced to the connected systems using change requests. In Financials, it prevails for headquarters to launch changes to the account frameworks, revenue facility collections, and also cost groups and to release an effective-from date for their use to the subsidiaries. However, in Logistics, the development of new products, suppliers, or consumers is hardly ever connected to any specific time frame and it instead requires to be started as the -new master data is required. Validity date is still needed, but this may indicate that if a provider is relocating to a new address from June 15th forward, after that the address modification has to become efficient in all systems on that day.
Once you have established your design, you can pack the relevant master data from your regional systems making use of Deal MDMGX. This is a common tool for packing entities right into your model. Other organizations utilize SAP Master Data Governance just to create brand-new clean master data going forward.
I hope the blog post answered all your queries with regards to data modeling using SAP MDG. For more such informative blogs on SAP MDG, visit our website today.
At ZaranTech, we also offer online training programs for SAP, by some of the leading and experienced mentors in the industry. If you are planning to start or progress your career in any SAP-related fields, enroll in our training programs today.
These are the related articles that you can check