Managing Data Made simpler with SAP MDGCategory: SAP MDG Posted:Apr 29, 2020 By: Serena Josh
In the past, many companies have established custom solutions with the objective of enhancing procedures on SAP master data management. Frequently, client-specific services were established for the approval procedures for submitting, enhancing, and approving master information demands. In the meantime, SAP has created a fully-fledged basic choice: SAP Master Data Governance (MDG). This blog discusses the performance of SAP MDG.
To begin with, let’s understand What is SAP Master Data Management?
SAP Master Data Governance is an innovative, out-of-the-box service for master data management with domain-specific master data management for centrally maintaining, changing as well as dispersing of master information. It offers the possibility to settle all master information in the IT landscape. Hereby numerous modern technologies present in the SAP NetWeaver system are utilized, such as Workflow, Fiori, BRFPlus and so on
SAP MDG ensures information stability in both SAP and also non-SAP systems, which enhances service processes. This will lead to higher efficiency, procedure consistency, and saves money and time.
Vital elements within SAP MDG are:
- Governance – Enables governance, conformity, and transparency of master data during creation and also change requests through integrated staging, approval, and also central audit logging.
- Uniformity – Supplies consistent interpretation, authorization as well as duplication of master data. Eliminates error-prone manual maintenance procedures for master information in multiple systems.
- Consolidation – Combine master information from your organization systems, produce the best records, key mapping in between matches, settle with central management for high-grade master data.
- Integration– Offers integration right into SAP solutions, consisting of re-use of data modeling, organization logic, and set up for validation, while supplying visibility to integrate third-party services.
- Flexibility – Standard versions can be expanded to create administration for your own master data from your SAP and also non-SAP settings.
- Data quality – Measures process quality using SAP Smart Company as well as integrate with SAP Data Provider & Info Steward high quality, enrichment, and recuperation options.
SAP Master Data Governance generally consists of two sub-solutions: a consolidation and central management remedy.
The picture below defines a streamlined procedure of governance functionality.
Let’s look at the advantages of SAP MDG
- SAP Master Data Governance out-of-the-box applications;
- One familiar, “solitary version of the reality” of all system master data;
- Authorization workflows for all your master data creation and adjustment requests;
- Central development and maintenance of master data on all SAP and non-SAP systems;
- Compliance on guidelines for master data management;
- Development of audit routes when creating and changing master data;
- Improvement of data quality;
- Decrease prices.
SAP MDG makes use of a role-specific interface to simplify access to the master data. Customized user interfaces sustain the efficiency of the users:
- Each specialist can utilize a unique, role-specific user interface that best suits their function;
- The role-specific interface can be configured within SAP MDG. No shows are required for this.
SAP Fiori can be used for mobile use:
- Simplify the master data monitoring as well as entail all relevant individuals to take part directly in master data application procedures;
- Create an efficient scenario to request for new master data, approve changes to master data, or screen KPIs and also trends;
- Accelerate your data provisioning and decision making by entailing individuals all over and also at all times.
SAP MDG Architecture
Below you will discover a review of the SAP MDG architecture:
There are several SAP MDG implementation options. The most used are the central hub or co-deployment:
- SAP MDG as a stand-alone system: one special master information hub;
- SAP MDG as an add-on to an existing operational SAP ERP system.
The most essential SAP modern technologies used within SAP MDG are:
- SAP Fiori;
- BRF +
The role of MDG in the context of SAP S/4HANA
The roadmap of SAP MDG is fully integrated and tailored to the S/4HANA roadmap. The duty of an SAP MDG center in a system landscape does not alter:
- Distribution of master information to all systems in the landscape: non-SAP systems, SAP Company Collection systems or SAP S/4HANA systems,
- Implementation on-premise or exclusive cloud support;
- Most companies make use of the SAP MDG system as a central hub. Co-deployment with an existing SAP system is likewise supported.
An SAP S/4HANA migration is an ideal opportunity to validate your data quality:
Optimal business processes and accurate analyzes rely on the excellent quality of your master data;
- Supports your shift to SAP S/4HANA with master data integration in SAP MDG;
- Supported after appointing to guarantee the high quality of your master data in the longer term.
I hope we covered all the topics related to data management using SAP MDG. For questions or added info on this subject, you can visit our website. At ZaranTech we offer self-paced online training programs on SAP MDG topics. Enroll with us and skyrocket your career.
These are the related articles that you can check