Roles and Responsibilities of Business AnalystCategory: Business Analysis Training Posted:Aug 22, 2016 By: admin
In growing IT industry, business analyst is one of the most important role that emphasis on the growth of an industry. A business analyst acts a bridge between business ideas and capabilities.
One of the important tasks of business analyst is to understand the organization needs, analysing the business impact and documenting the changes, and supporting organization’s requirements. Business Analyst will conduct the performance capability studies to know the status of an organization before kick starting the project. The major role of business analyst is acting as a bridge between clients or the end-user and the developer or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
As a business analyst, being assigned to a project is an exciting time. Relying on the complexity of the project, the following steps must be followed to get a successful outcome of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- Getting oriented: As a business analyst, getting into the project quickly and start contributing will make positive impact. Even though a business analyst working quickly, he/she must be an effective and confident contributor of a project.
- Discovering the primary business objectives: Defining the scope of the project is very important task for a business analyst and project manager. Gathering information on the business needs before a scope is defined is the most important and quickest path to complete project successfully.
- Defining scope: Defining the scope realizes the business needs of a project. By defining the scope of the project, multiple team participants can contribute to the project and its implementation.
- Formulating the business analysis plan: Formulating the business analysis needs will bring clarity to the business processes. This will be used to successfully define the detailed project requirements.
- Defining Detailed Requirements: This is the most important responsibility of a business analyst to define the requirements in detail. This information will help your implementation team to implement the solution with clear, concise and actionable solutions.
- Supporting the technical implementation: Employing a business analyst on a typical project is a significant solution in technical implementation. This also involves implementation team building, customizing and deploying software.
- Assessing value created by the solution: Just before the project starts, the business analyst must assess the value created by the implemented solution team. By this time, the business project outcomes will be discussed, problems will be solved, relationships between the team members will be built and the technology will be implemented.
Business analyst must evaluate the actual progress of the business objective and communicate with the business sponsor, project team and all organization members (if appropriate).
You may also like to read: How to construct an effective Business Analyst Resume?