Selenium vs. HP Lean FTCategory: Selenium Training Posted:Sep 12, 2016 By: admin
Several advantages of Selenium testing are:
- Selenium supports various languages such as Java, Python and PHP. It is the best tool for browser-based testing and handles all browsers such as IE, FF, Chrome, etc.
- Selenium integrates to give a satisfactory framework for different verticals, like Maven or Ant for source code compilation; Test NG is used to drive tests, Jenkins to develop dashboards, and much more.
- Jenkins in Selenium helps to connect the testers to multiple nodes and perform tests simultaneously.
- Selenium is a freeware and can be easily integrated. Cost is a major advantage and the only cost to be spent is on human resources.
Disadvantages of Selenium include:
- Organizations working on Selenium must invest on most experienced testers working in the same environment and an expertise in using the codes according to the standards.
- Selenium supports only browser-based testing and fails to handle other window-based applications.
- Selenium testers need not have to learn the tool from basics.
Advantages of Lean FT are:
- Lean FT supports and integrates with standard IDEs like Eclipse, Visual Studio and languages like Java and C#.
- Lean FT is the best solution for DevOps, Agile, and Continuous Testing Applications.
- The automation testing tool, Lean FT supports Windows standard, Web, .NET Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Mobile, Siebel UI, and Insight Image Recognition.
- Scripts are executed at faster rate.
- Integration of Lean FT with UFT helps in end-to-end automation.
- Lean FT develops test scripts using testing frameworks.
- Application models support cross browser.
- If you are using HP UFT, Lean FT is free of cost.
- Lean FT provides good collaboration between Developers and Testers team.
- IDE are used not only for the development of tests, but also for execution of the tests.
- Web services testing is not part of Lean FT
- It is used only for Mobile, Windows, Siebel UI, and Insight Image Recognition
As Selenium supports only browser-based application, the testers have better option of choosing Lean FT. The use of object identification center from visual studio or Eclipse IDE helps in identifying unique values to be used for object identification.
For SELENIUM Training needs, Call 515-309-7846 or email email@example.com.
You may also Like to read: Top 10 Selenium interview questions to prepare