Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers you must prepare in 2016Category: General, Salesforce Posted:Jun 01, 2016 By: Alvera Anto
Salesforce is the most powerful suite of Cloud applications offering greater insights at Sales, Services, and Marketing modules of CRM. While a huge number of candidates are expected to appear for Salesforce Certification in 2016, the following questions will help evaluate your basics and perform well.
- What is the difference between Force.com and Salesforce.com?
Force.com is the PaaS vertical that forms the foundation for the code, database fetching, and UI development. Salesforce.com, being a superset is the SaaS vertical referring to the CRM functionality (Sales, Services & Marketing).
- What is the difference between isNull and isBlank?
isblank () is a function that checks if an expression has a value or not. It returns TRUE if there is no value else False. It supports all fields’ type including Text.
IsNull () delivers similar functionality with the difference it supports Number fields only.
- Explain different relationships in SFDC.
Lookup relationship links up two objects and up to 25 such objects can be linked. Parent fields are not mandatory here and they can be multiple layers deep. In addition to it, there is no impact on security or deletion.
Master-Detail Relationship Master-Detail Relationship has to be a Parent-Child relationship only where Master denotes the Parent and Detail as the child. It can link up to 2 objects and deleting a Parent field automatically deletes the Child field. A child in one relationship can’t be the parent in any other relationship.
- What is the difference between SOQL and SOSL?
SOQL – Salesforce Object Query Language
- Can search one object at a time only
- Can be used in Triggers and Classes
- DML operations can be performed
- All types of fields included
SOSL – Salesforce Object Search Language
- Can search multiple objects at a time
- Can’t be used with Triggers
- DML operations can’t be performed
- Works only for email, text, and phone types
- How many report types are there in Salesforce?
There are 4 types of reports in Salesforce that are used to summarize object information
- Tabular Report – for displaying grand total in Table format
- Matrix Report – Grouping based on Rows and Columns
- Summary Report – Grouping is done based on Columns only
- Joined Reports – Joining two or more reports
- What is Audit Trail?
Audit Trail is a function that helps track all the changes performed by different administrators to the Organization in the past 6 months. It covers details such as
- Date of changes made
- The username that made the changes
- Details of the changes made
- What Workflow actions can be performed in Salesforce?
Following actions can be performed –Email Alert – Email alerts can be triggered through a template developed by the Workflow rule and thus send out a list of recipients. Field Update – Workflow actions to automatically update the value of a field. This could be a calculated value, blank or populate a specific value. Task – Allows assigning a task to a user specifying Subject, Status, Priority, and Due Date. Outbound message – It triggers specific information or message shooting to external services via SOAP messages.
- What is the Permission Set?
Permission Set can be used to grant extended access to a user or more without changing their profiles.
- Object settings for Tab, Object permissions, and Field permissions
- Access to Apex class
- System permissions
- Visualforce access
- What is a Dashboard? What are the different components?
A Dashboard is a page to view reports. Up to 20 multiple reports can be analyzed in a Dashboard.
- Chart – For a graphical representation
- Gauge – For depicting some value within a range of values
- Metric -For key values
- Visual Page – For creating custom components and display values
- Custom S Control – For displaying content in a Browser such as Excel files, Java Applet, ActiveX Control, etc.
- What are Dependent Fields?
Dependent Fields can be attached with filters. That is, a condition can be set for displaying the value in a field for example > 100, etc. This was just a glimpse of important Salesforce Interview Questions. It is an extensive platform and calls for a complete course to achieve expertise. Stay in touch for more valuable feeds.
Stay tuned with us for more such posts related to Salesforce!! You can also visit our website. Alternatively, If u want to learn Salesforce from our experts join me in the Salesforce Lightning course. Zarantech will help you skyrocket your career with self-paced online training on various aspects of Salesforce and other trending topics.