Key Advantages of Google Cloud Platform and Why You Should Adopt It?Category: Google Cloud Platform Posted:Oct 13, 2020 By: Robert
Google has progressed and advanced a solid value recommendation that has momentum in its favor. Whether you’re intending to start your business on the cloud or assessing to migrate from your current cloud deployment option, here are the benefits that help you to think about Google Cloud Platform for your business.
Taking full advantage of any type of cloud shift implies picking services that not just offer rich functionality, but are also safe, inexpensive, and user friendly.
Google Cloud Platform(GCP) meets these requirements.
By 2020, web traffic will stand for 92 percent of all data network traffic.
The popularity of Google cloud is progressive amongst small and medium businesses (SMBs) while cloud migration. Its adoption makes a lot of sense since it simplifies things and also makes them much safer at affordable expenses.
This article speaks about the Google Cloud Platform, its advantages, and why businesses need to adopt it.
What is Google Cloud?
Google’s cloud platform provides reliable and scalable cloud computing solutions to its customers. These services aid clients in compute and store data, and help developers build, test, and deploy applications. Google cloud covers application, storage, and cloud computing solutions for backend, mobile, and web solutions using the web. More than four million apps trust and use the platform.
Google aims to maintain backend as simple as possible and utilizes a basic file system. This system is the foundation of the Google cloud platform. It handles requests for information using standard commands like write, read, and open. It is a distributed system of computing.
Google Cloud has lately acquired Cornerstone Technology to assist consumers in moving their mainframe work to Google Cloud. Many small and large companies are increasingly adopting Google Cloud, which bodes well because it disentangles things and makes them much secure at sensible costs.
As Google Trends above indicate, many companies are moving to Google Cloud owing to its secure, adaptable, and wise solutions. It saves money on IT staffing and considers for almost instant scaling of any online platform or solution.
Google Cloud Implementation
Google cloud application programming interface (API) can be leveraged for MS Workplace to allow numerous individuals to edit a document at the same time. You can start saving files to the cloud after you install a plugin for the MS Office program suite. Every person can then use and edit the cloud copy of the data, which becomes the master document. Google cloud designates a one-of-a-kind URL for every file. However, the owner or creator of the document needs to assign somebody as an editor before they can download and start editing the file in MS Office.
If anybody makes changes to the document, the changes will be visible on all the documents shared. When lots of people make changes to the same content, Google cloud enables the file owner or creator to select the changes to keep.
Google cloud inserts metadata into a file when uploaded to the service. It helps recognize the data and track changes across all copies. As the documents get synchronized to the master file, Google cloud updates all downloaded documents using metadata to keep the right records.
Benefits of Google Cloud
- Greater Productivity owing to Quick Accessibility to Innovation: Google’s systems can deliver updates efficiently and on a weekly basis.
- Much Less Disruption When Users Adopt New Functionality: Instead of large turbulent sets of change, Google offers manageable improvements in a continuous stream.
- Employees Can Work from Anywhere: They can acquire complete accessibility to info across devices from anywhere in the globe with web-based applications powered by Google cloud.
- Google Cloud Allows Quick Collaboration: Several individuals can contribute to and gain access to jobs at the same time as information is saved in the cloud as opposed to their computers.
- Google’s Investments in Security Protect Consumers: Customers take advantage of process-based and physical security investments made by Google. Google works with leading security specialists.
- Fewer Data saved on Vulnerable Tools: Very little data is saved on computers that might get jeopardized after a user quits using online apps on the cloud.
- Customers get Greater Uptime and Integrity: If a data center is not available for some reason, the system immediately falls back to the second center with no solution interruption being visible to individuals.
- Control and Versatility Offered to Users: They have control over technology and have ownership over their data in Google apps. If they choose to not use the service any longer, they can get their data out of Google cloud.
- Google’s Economic climates of Scale Let Customers Spend Less: Google reduces expenses and consolidates a small number of server configurations. It handles these via an effective ratio of individuals to computer systems.
Google Cloud Categories
Products offered by Google Cloud are categorized into four groups: Compute, Storage,
Big Data, and Services.
It further contains two sub-categories:
It is Google’s Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). With this, Google’s framework can be utilized to run workloads on a large scale on online devices. You can choose a virtual computer to fit your requirements and enjoy the consistency and performance of Google’s network globally. You have to pay only for what you use because the billing is per minute.
- Security and Compliance
- Easy and Rapid Provisioning
- Balancing of Loads
- High-Performance Virtual Computers
It is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS). You can make sure productivity by using built-in solutions to create your applications. You must download the software development kit (SDK) and can begin to develop, meant work immediately, and free.
- Google Scale Deployment
- Known Developmental Tools
- Solid In-Built Services
- Lots Of Options for Storage
- Code Focus
- Popular Frameworks and also Languages
It further includes three sub-categories:
Cloud SQL is a relational MySQL database that helps manage and store data. To make sure efficiency and accessibility, Google takes care of database management, patch management, and replication.
- Completely Managed
- Easy to Control
- Simpler Migration Without Lock-In
- Robustness, Accessibility, Security
- Pay Per Use and Package Charging
- Stanadard Infrastrure
It is an object storage service that is available and long-lasting. Users can quickly access data from their app from anywhere, on account of edge-caching on a global range. Google presents a simple application programming interface (API), offers a durable service-level contract, and runs versioning to let you manage data programmatically.
- Variable Access
- Storage of Objects with Feature-Rich API
- Adjustable and Viable pricing
- Safe and Secure
It gives a data source, which is schemaless, NoSQL, and managed, for storage of non-relational data. SQL-like queries are supported well, along with transactions, and the data stores also scale as required.
- Accessibility to Data Anywhere
- Local Tools for Development
- Inbuilt Redundancy
- ACID Transactions
- Scaling Automatically with Users
- Database Management
- SQL-Like Querying and Schemaless Access
It consists of a sub-category:
BigQuery analyzes Big Data in the cloud. It can refine datasets containing numerous terabytes in a couple of seconds and run quick SQL-like queries. It even offers insights in real-time and is scalable and simple to use.
- Suitable Interface
- Economical Big Data
- Easy Import of Data
- Queries Executed in Background
Google also provides developer tools such as Google Plugin for Eclipse, Google Cloud SDK, Android Studio, Cloud PlayGround, and Push-to-Deploy, along with the cloud platform.
It contains a sub-category:
- Integration of client-side becomes versatile
- Client-server maintenance is low
- App engine infrastructure can be extended
- Multiple clients handling with a single tool
Future of Google Cloud
Google’s technique and its entire strategy appear to be concentrated on the future and not the internet as it exists at present. Google seems to have placed its bet on the world having ubiquitous and affordable internet access soon. It might consist of rapid mobile broadband available globally and fiber connections in houses and offices.
Google appears to be building a cloud for that kind of a world. It expects that by the time it fine-tunes its pile of apps, broadband will be available around the world. It is called for because Google’s applications depend on the internet link and the majority of the data is stored on Google’s web servers.
However, the future of broadband might not go by Google’s assumptions. At many places, it is not economically feasible to present high-speed internet access, solely based on free-market forces. This can stay valid for a long time to come.
For Google’s vision to be understood, there will need to be greater competition in the more substantial markets and even more solid private-public collaborations in smaller ones.
Google cloud has had a tremendous influence, especially in the world of web and mobile application development, where small or big businesses can get access to Google technology. It has made things easy and accessible to application developers. Nevertheless, its dependency on connectivity with the internet may hinder its progress in the future.
Adopting the Google cloud platform can assist your business use some special services such as Live migration in the Google cloud, which are not available in Azure or AWS. It also gives you accessibility to a large team of security professionals shielding your data. Small and medium businesses(SMBs) have a lot to gain from migration including improved flexibility and scalability to match IT sources to demand.
For more such informative and engaging articles on Google Cloud Platform, feel free to visit our website.
Also, at ZaranTech we offer self-paced online training on Google Cloud Platform. To learn more about our courses, feel free to visit our website.