Salesforce Important Interview QuestionsCategory: Salesforce Posted:Mar 01, 2017 By: admin
1. What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is latest cloud technology and cloud CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software that effectively helps to streamline the sales and maintenance of an enterprise. Salesforce brings you the latest in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). With the world moving its data to the cloud, you get to equip yourself to merge your CRM techniques with Cloud Computing. Create dashboards for your clients and generate reports easily to help them keep track of statistics which would otherwise require manual tasks by a support executive. Salesforce simplifies CRM and maximizes Customer Satisfaction!
2. What is CRM?
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is software that is capable of integrating the activities of a sales / business team remotely connected through the internet.
3. Name some of the key concepts in Salesforce CRM.
- Security Confirmation
- Activate your computer for Salesforce.com CRM
- Organization Administration of Salesforce.com CRM
- Customization in Salesforce.com CRM
- Security & Access in Salesforce.com CRM
- Workflow in Salesforce.com CRM
- Workflow Approvals
- Data Validation in Salesforce.com CRM
- Data Utilities for Import and manage data
- Analytics & Reports in Salesforce.com CRM
- Marketing Administration
- Service & Support Administration
- Administration Console
- Extending Salesforce CRM
- The AppExchange
4. What is the need for CRM in today’s world?
Tracking the sales activities and performance is essential for any business to improvise and stabilize the growth of the business. That is why CRM plays a major role in helping them to track the sales and performance effectively.
5. What are the Basic Elements & Sub Modules in CRM?
Company management, contacts management, email management, SMS management, document management, Products Management, Invoice management, orders management, and other management modules are available in Salesforce CRM.
6. Define Cloud Computing.
The ability to perform computations and to store data and information is defined as Cloud Computing. It has gained significant momentum for the past 10 years for its robustness and portability.
7. Explain about Salesforce APIs.
Simple and powerful APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) from Salesforce grants an effective programmatic access to create the applications to handle the information of an organization. Most of the APIs are SOAP and REST based APIs.
8. What do you know about SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)?
It eliminates the need to install and maintain software in a computer. You can avail the application services over the internet using SaaS (Software as a Service).
9. What do you know about Multi-Tenant Cloud in Salesforce?
Salesforce uses Multi-tenancy, a smart cloud technology to share various IT resources effectively and efficiently. This technology is also known for its security attributes. Multiple software applications, business or organization can share the same IT resources cost-effectively with this technology.
10. Define PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service).
In Platform-as-a-Service, you can run various applications irrespective of the hardware and software resources of your company.
11. What do you know about the Ecosystem of Salesforce?
Salesforce provides a vast enterprise ecosystem by accommodating more than 2700 partner applications in addition to the already powerful suite of sales, marketing, and CRM applications. Salesforce continues to rise as a fourth-largest software manufacturer from sixth largest software provider for its added advantage of hosting thousands of third-party applications.
12. Define Data & Objects in Salesforce.
With excellent functionality and additional enhancements, Salesforce objects help to store data effectively and efficiently in the database. There are different types of read-only and read-write objects such as Standard Objects, Custom Objects, and External Objects.
13. Mention about Mobile UI concept.
Mobile UI is an open-source element which is based on Polymer framework (Google). With the help of these fundamental building blocks, Mobile apps with fun, engaging and innovative functionalities can be created.
14. What do you know about Wave Analytics Cloud?
It is an exclusive Analytics and Dynamic Visualization Engine that provides reports and dashboards to derive a clear understanding of the business and its status. It allows assigning instant tasks and taking instant actions after the retrieval of results in analytics and reports dashboard.
15. Briefly tell us about IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
In this type of service, the user can utilize various virtualized resources of computer as a cloud computing service over the internet.
16. What are CRM Editors?
A User can view and edit the contents on the Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software with the help of user-friendly CRM editors.
17. Talk about Navigating through Salesforce.com.
Easy navigation across the data and services of Salesforce CRM is customized depending on different platforms such as computers, laptops, IPhone and Android mobiles etc.
18. Why Salesforce uses a Cloud Platform?
The cloud platform eases the Information Technology services from acquiring big infrastructure and maintenance resources.
19. Tell us something about Salesforce Cloud 2 Platform.
Salesforce CRM cloud services are accelerated in their performance and applications with the new Salesforce Cloud 2 Platform.
20. What is Force.com Platform?
It is a lightning speed platform to run various Salesforce applications to maintain enterprise is made possible by Force.com Platform.
21. What exactly is Salesforce?
Salesforce is one of the revolutionary CRM software which is stuffed with numerouscapabilities to customize and manage various CRM functionalities. It isavailable as a Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
22. How many object relations aralese available in Salesforce?
There are the three object relations available inSalesforce. They are,
- One to Many
- Many to Many
- Master Detail
23. How Salesforce.com differs from Force.com?
Inspite of both being a CRM and having relatively same characteristics, Salesforce.comdiffers from Force.com in terms of functionality. While the Force.com helps theorganization to customize data models and UI (User Interfaces), Salesforce.comhelps them to build applications with various CRM functionalities.
24. What are the different Tabs used in Salesforce platform?
There are three different tabs used in the Salesforce platform. They are:
- Custom Tab.
- Visual-force Tab.
- Web Tab
25. What are the important CRM initiatives?
The most important CRM initiatives are:
- Acquiring the adequate number of customers
- Satisfying the customer needs and retaining their trust andpreference
- Winning back the customer who are backed away from theproduct or service
26. What are the various actions available in Workflow?
Below are the different actions that can be used in Workflow:
- Email Alert
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
27. What are the core workflow components available in the Salesforce platform?
- Workflow rules.
- Workflow tasks.
- Workflow Email alerts.
- Workflow field updates.
- Workflow outbound messages
28. Write a Salesforce code to insert multiple records at one go.
The following code can insert multiple records at a time,
public class MultipeInsert
public void insertlist()
List Supercars = new List();
Cars_List = new Super_Cars(name=’Audi’,model=’A4’);
Cars_List = new Super_Cars(name=’Bugatti’,model=’Veyron’);
Cars_List = new Super_Cars(name=’BMW’,model=’M6’);
29. List out the functions of Roll-up Summary Fields.
The different fields available in the Roll-up Summary Fieldsare,