Ask these questions, before joining SAP HANA trainingCategory: SAP HANA Posted:Apr 19, 2017 By: Ashley Morrison
1. What is the average salary trend for a SAP HANA Consultant?
The average salary trend for a SAP HANA Consultant is $115,000. As the demand is more and the number of HANA resources is less in the market, they get paid highly in the market. The pay scale of every SAP HANA Consultant is 15-40% more than the average IT salary.
2. What are the key skills that a SAP Consultant must possess?
The following are some of the key skills that a SAP Consultant must possess are:
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD)
- SAP Material Management (SAP MM)
- SAP ABAP
- SAP FI
- SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO)
3. Why are SAP HANA jobs in high demand?
SAP HANA is one of the hottest trends in the current market as SAP HANA with in-memory architecture and efficiency has already drawn the attention of Fortune 500 companies who are dealing with huge amount of data on a daily basis.
4. What are the SAP HANA Career options?
The following are some of the SAP HANA Career options namely:
- SAP HANA Performance Consultant
- SAP HANA In-memory Business Consultant
- SAP HANA Operations Consultant
- SAP HANA BW Consultant
- SAP HANA Application Developer
- SAP HANA Security Consultant
- SAP HANA Project Manager and so on
5. If I want to make a career in SAP HANA what is the roadmap?
If you want to make a career in SAP HANA, there are several areas you can specialize such as:
- In SAP HANA Modeling, you will need to HANA Modeling skills and SAP BW on HANA will also become handy. This learning roadmap also has an associate, and professional certification that will boost will career.
- In SAP HANA Application Development, you will need HANA development skills. HANA XS or ABAP on HANA knowledge will also be helpful based on the application types.
- In SAP HANA Database Administration and Security, you will be responsible for general administration, backup, and recovery, performance and security on the SAP HANA database.
- In SAP Data Replication, you will be responsible for setting up replication support data replication from different sources to HANA systems.
SAP HANA career roadmap is evolving, and there will be various areas which will be enlightened in future.
6. What is the minimum experience expected for SAP HANA Jobs?
A candidate must have minimum 2 to 3 years of relevant experience to become SAP HANA Consultant in any MNC Companies.
7. Does a fresher have a chance to get a job in SAP HANA?
No, for a fresher it’s difficult to get a job in MNC companies. Top level MNC companies prefer the candidate with some hands-on experience for SAP HANA job openings.
8. What are the important points of SAP HANA online training?
SAP HANA is commonly used in multiple use cases with big data dispensation and implementing business warehousing developments. In-memory computing engine (IMCE) on large volumes of data and form real-world projects has a reliable and outstanding score from analysts. HANA provides relational database strategy with high-performance analytical system.
9. Will I get access to HANA Cloud platform? How can I get access to a HANA system?
Yes, you will get access to SAP HANA Cloud Platform as 30 days of trial is offered by SAP. Also, there are other service providers who offer SAP Servers on rent with HANA installed.
10. I am from the non-technical background. Can I learn and a make career in SAP HANA?
If you are looking for a career in IT industry, SAP HANA is an emerging technology and has a good job trend. Minimum database knowledge is required to learn HANA.
11. Is SAP ABAP required to learn SAP HANA?
No, the knowledge of ABAP will help in understanding the business logic implementation but it is not mandatory to learn SAP ABAP.
12. I am actually new to SAP, But I have functional experience in other ERP tools for around a year. Can I start my career in SAP HANA or shall I start with SAP BI/BO/BW first and then move to HANA?
SAP HANA is a right choice, if you want to move towards technical side. Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) and SAP NetWeaver BW (running on SAP HANA) will be the right choice to stay on the application side.
13. I am an SD consultant and never been into a technical field, so will it be suitable for me to opt for SAP HANA?
I recommend you to look into the content for HANA first since you come from a business applications background. As you aware of application data already, study the SAP delivered data models for SD. Try to extend the existing models or build your own model, once you are familiar with the models and tools in HANA.
14. I am new to SAP. I have knowledge of BASIS and ABAP both. I would be more interested in administration. I was just wondering if taking training for SAP HANA (Administration) would complement my BASIS knowledge and help me getting a good job?
As SAP HANA is coming to every part of SAP and the demand for people who know Basis and ABAP and HANA is already high. More you know about HANA, the better chances of landing a great job.
15. I am from a non-technical background. Can I learn and make a career in SAP HANA?
Yes, you can learn and make a career in SAP HANA with minimum knowledge of basic database knowledge (2-3 hours) and then start learning HANA.
If you are looking for a career in IT industry, then learning HANA will definitely help you as it is an emerging technology and have a good job scope.
16. I don’t know SAP BW, SAP BO, SAP BI. Can I learn and make a career in SAP HANA?
Yes, you can make a career in SAP HANA. Let’s see each one in detail.
- SAP BW – SAP BW helps in understanding HANA modeling concepts, and you want DXC to transfer data from SAP Business Suite System to HANA. Even if you don’t have knowledge of BW, you can learn modeling concepts. But if you want to learn SAP BW on HANA, then learning BW is a must.
- SAP Business Objects (BO) – BO is the front end reporting tool set from SAP. If you have knowledge of BO, reporting on HANA will be a piece of cake for you. Even, if you don’t have knowledge of BO, when you start learning HANA concepts on reporting you can easily learn BO concepts.
- SAP BI – SAP BI is the data warehousing package implementation tool from SAP. Understanding implementation aspects from BW on HANA perspective will be easy.