CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) is the most recognized certification that attests competence in the principles and practices of Business Analysis. CBAP certification removes uncertainty in your professional career providing advantageous professional development opportunities. CBAP certified business analyst are well-qualified hence are offered exceptional salaries compared to other professions of the same level who are not CBAP certified.
According to a recent survey, the average salary of a CBAP is 13% higher than the average salary of a Business Analyst.
Got enough motivation?
Now let’s understand the tit-bits of CBAP Certification course.
I’ll break the whole process into the following 8 steps:
- Understanding BABOK: BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) is a global standard (Guide) that contains the principles and practices of business analysis. BABOK is complex and the best way to get the most out of it is to make formal or informal study groups and discuss its content.
- Meeting the requirements: According to the BABOK, you must have 7,500 hours (5 years) experience of business analysis and 900 hours of experience at least in 4 out of the 6 knowledge areas.
- Deciding If CBAP is right for you: Understanding BABOK in deep is the basic requirement for any business analyst not the CBAP. You may be fed up of the process and need some internal motivations, rethink, plan and decide, If CBAP certificate is worth having to take you to the next level aligning with your qualifications? If yes, you’re good to go.
- Earning required amount of PDs (Professional Development Hours): Before applying and scheduling the exam, you need to earn 21 documented PDs. You can earn those from IIBA®EPATM Bridging the Gap, Laura’s virtual PD course, or if your group study can provide you an opportunity to earn PDs.
- Submitting the application form: Go to the IIBA’s website, check the guidelines, complete CBAP certification process and submit the form.
- Scheduling the exam: When the application is approved, schedule the exam after 2 to 3 months. You can reschedule it later, but it must be scheduled within 1 calendar year of the application approval.
- Preparing for the exam: Before appearing for the exam, you must have precise knowledge of BABOK and must be able to recall it. To prepare for the exam you can use any of these:
- Study Guide or Workbook
- Exam Simulators and Flash Cards
- CBAP preparation Course
You can join ZaranTech’s CBAP Professional Role Based Training Program (http://www.zarantech.com/course-list/cbap-training/) to master your CBAP preparation.
At ZaranTech we provide quality training which includes hands on training, 21 hours of Assignments, Live Case Studies, Video Recordings of sessions, demonstration of the concepts using different tools, Resume prep, Interview Questions etc.
- Passing the exam: Now it is the time, you’ve waited for the long. So sit for the exam, give it your best shot, ace the exam and give your career wings by being a Certified Business Analysis Professional.
In view of our anticipated patterns, 2015 appears to be a year of critical change, and business investigators are on the cutting edge of progress. A few noteworthy commercial enterprises, and the numerous associations inside of them, are currently move so it ought to be nothing unexpected that the significance of the business examiner just increments as business sectors movement and associations are compelled to manage the quickening pace and unpredictability of business.
Continue reading Business Analyst Trends for 2015
When the task is endorsed and subsidized, the venture improvement stage starts. This incorporates necessities arranging and administration, which characterizes how prerequisites will be evoked, broke down, and reported. It requires the BA to recognize key group parts inside of the undertaking, select the exercises for data assembling, and create correspondence techniques between partners.
Continue reading Planning an important process during Business Analysis
So what is the distinction between a project manager and business analyst? One way to clear up this role confusion is by outlining what tasks project managers and business analyst’s area unit usually liable for throughout a project. Beginning with project managers, they’re in the main involved with finishing comes on time and on budget, and area unit generally charged with the last word success or the failure of the project.
Continue reading Difference between Project manager and Business analyst
The initial phase in prerequisites elicitation is gathering a far reaching and exact comprehension of the venture’s business need. Amid the elicitation transform, an examiner’s solid comprehension of the business need will help her prepare for extension crawl and gold plating, and in addition select the best possible partners and elicitation strategies.
Continue reading Elicitation in Business Analysis
Business management operations are the most important factors for many organizations. In service oriented business the main operations are highly task oriented. Business activities support primary task operations and follow the product from basic resources to the entire unit. Effective business management involves:
Continue reading Key elements of Business Management
The hottest job for IT market is Business analyst. According to Forecast survey the next quarter shall witness hiring of more business analysts. IT business analyst has been rated as one of the top 10 job to pursue with average pay at $85,000. Knowledge of pure technology is less in demand as compared to technology along with the business analysis skills. In older days analyst used to take notes and build a bill for the client but now an analyst is a problem solver. Since companies face complex issues they expect IT to help the business along with the use of multiple technologies to resolve the business challenges.
Continue reading The rise of IT business analyst
With tremendous advancements in technology, the IT sector is facing an acute shortage of professionally skilled Business Analysts. The current market research shows gap between technical and soft skills of the candidate. According to a research conducted by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG, the industry has shown dearth in permanent and contract employees over the past few years. Continue reading How is the current job market for business analysts ?