What are the most important skills for a business analyst? There are a lot of skills that have been listed in the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABoK). But what critical skills make a business analyst focus on to stand out in a crowd?
So these critical skills are needed to stand out in the crowd: The following four are:
- System thinking
- Critical thinking
- Pattern thinking
Continue reading BA skills to stand out in a crowd
Business management operations are the most important factors for many organizations. In service oriented business the main operations are highly task oriented. Business activities support primary task operations and follow the product from basic resources to the entire unit. Effective business management involves:
Continue reading Key elements of Business Management
“Problems call forth our courage and our wisdom; indeed, they create our courage and our wisdom. It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually.” M. Scott Peck
- Problem solving is an important form of critical thinking.
- Considered the most complex of all intellectual functions, problem solving has been defined as “higher-order cognitive process that requires the modulation and control of more routine or fundamental skills (Goldstein & Levin, 1987)”.
- Problems occur if an organism when he does not know how to proceed from the current state to original desired state.
- Problems need solutions and effective alternatives to get resolved.
Continue reading Problem solving an essential skill for Business analyst
As per Business Analyst, Apple Watch shall be the most profitable product that Apple has rolled out. The analyst has concluded theories for Apple Watch. The launch of Apple Watch was slow and long. The sales of the product have been excellent in the first few hours. As per the market research millions were sold in just few hours. China has even sold gold Apple Watch in less than an hour.
Continue reading Business Analyst View on Apple Watch
The hottest job for IT market is Business analyst. According to Forecast survey the next quarter shall witness hiring of more business analysts. IT business analyst has been rated as one of the top 10 job to pursue with average pay at $85,000. Knowledge of pure technology is less in demand as compared to technology along with the business analysis skills. In older days analyst used to take notes and build a bill for the client but now an analyst is a problem solver. Since companies face complex issues they expect IT to help the business along with the use of multiple technologies to resolve the business challenges.
Continue reading The rise of IT business analyst
There are some common mistakes that a Business Analyst performs. Let us discuss those mistakes and the methods by which one can avoid those mistakes to be an effective Business Analyst.
Continue reading Classic mistakes a business analyst must avoid
Based on the industry experiences we can say that a Business analyst must possess some key skills. These skills include:
- Good Communication- A BA must have effective communication skills, problem solving skills and must think critically. They must be able to create requirement specification, visual models and sessions for the clients and the organization.
- Resourceful- A good Business Analyst is resourceful. Business Analysts involve right people at right time and try to implement an effective path for the organization. They work through problem to find solutions.
Continue reading Traits of a successful Business Analyst
With tremendous advancements in technology, the IT sector is facing an acute shortage of professionally skilled Business Analysts. The current market research shows gap between technical and soft skills of the candidate. According to a research conducted by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG, the industry has shown dearth in permanent and contract employees over the past few years. Continue reading How is the current job market for business analysts ?