Steps to become a successful CBAPCategory: General Posted:Nov 26, 2016 By: Robert
A new certification that includes multi-level formal recognition of accomplishment that demonstrates the actual talent and skill set of the candidate is known as Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
Offers advanced level of knowledge that benefits the candidates to become expert in business analysis and its complexities. This certification includes:
- System Analysis
- Project Management
- Requirement Analysis
- Business Analysis
If the candidate is ready to earn CBAP but not convinced where to initiate, then he/she has to refer to different study materials to mock the exam. This preparation takes at least 3 months in which the person has to read the series of week-by-week articles. Here are few more tips to become successful CBAP.
- Hit the books: First and foremost thing for the preparation is to develop intimacy with BABOK®. Most of the business analysts gather information practically. It is more formal method of preparation for CBAP. Study point websites and model question papers are hosted by the employers for the candidates to crack the exam easily.
- Experience of business analysts: It is a mandatory notice that the person who applies for CBAP certification must compulsorily possess 5 years of experience in the role of business analyst. It can also be expressed as 900 hours of journey across 4 to 6 knowledge areas. Many professionals working as business analyst will be surprised to take up the CBAP exam. Passing the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) certification will help them for qualifying CBAP.
- Pertinent development hours: One must have documented 21 professional hours in the previous years. It has different opportunities and also conferences that qualify one’s professional development. There are many development units that should be undertaken to crack the exam. Even it requires certification that will make people to obtain designation units. It requires the following:
- A copy of instructor’s study material
- Practice booklets
- Material related to business competencies and techniques
- Webinars to gain professional knowledge
- Undertaking a quiz: Before attending the exams, it is advisable to undertake a model examination with the help of flashcards. Many online practice exams are also available. By practicing one can obtain detailed feedback of each and every question. Recommended resource is IIBA website. One can also mock the exam by joining the study group.
- Applicant’s letter to the employer: While applying for the designation, individuals have to write a letter to the employer that describes the following:
- What makes the CBAP recipient outstanding compared to the other business analysts
- Benefits of employing the CBAP applicants
- Growth in the organization statistics in future
Finally comes the date of exam for the applicant to assess all the business analysis rules. If the applicant has failed then he/she can get some guidance from the knowledge areas and probably can retake it after three months of the first attempt. Hence, by following the above steps individuals can become successful CBAP.