Besides approaching a reliable institution for pursuing the course, self-learning stays instrumental. Following are the top 10 questions widely asked in Selenium interviews.
Accurate, scalable and free, Selenium leads the plethora of effective QA tools for Software evaluation. While QA consultants have preferred switching from Manual to Automation testing, Selenium pitches a promising career. It requires an innate programming knack and adds value to the profile.
- Discuss some advantages of Selenium
- Easily compatible with all Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- It is an Open Source, thus supports customization
- Supports a variety of programming interfaces – Ruby, Perl, Python, C#, Java
- Tremendous cost cutting as it is free
- Supports distributed testing (must know about distributed testing)
- What are the different test types supported by Selenium?
- For Web based applications – Functional & Regression test types
- Post release Validation – Jenkins, Hudson, Quick Build, CruiseCont
- What are the different Selenium components?
The Selenium package includes the following components –
SIDE – Selenium Integrated Development Environment
- Selenium Remote Control
- Selenium Webdriver
- Selenium Grid
- What do you mean by Assertion? What are the different Assertion types?
Assertion acts as the ultimate verification point to confirm the state of the application achieved as expected.
Different types are – ‘Assert’, ‘Verify’, and ‘WaitFor’.
- What are the benefits of using Xpath?
Creating customized Xpath helps navigate through different attributes of a XML document. As a major element in XSLT, Xpath is supported by library of standard functions.
- What are the different types of Wait available in WebDriver?
Two types of Wait are available –
Implicit Wait – Halt the testing script for a predefined period between different consecutive commands.
Explicit Wait – Halt the script execution until a specified condition is met.
- What are the different visibility methods to check in WebDriver?
Following are the methods used for different web elements such as dropdowns, buttons, textboxes, checkboxes, labels, radio buttons etc.isDisplayed()
- 8. How to create logging information in Selenium?Logging information can be retrieved using the Log4j framework in Selenium. Creating logging information needs configuring Log4j with appropriate appenders and the subsequent parameters to be set.It is fast, scalable and supports multiple languages.
- What are Locators? Name the different locators used in Selenium
Locators store address for unique web elements in the web page. The following Locators help locate a web element accurately –
- CSS Selector
- What is the difference between findElement and findElements?
Both are methods to locate web element typesFindElement() – Locates only one Web element type
FindElements() – Locates all Web element types. Displays the complete list.
This was just a high level view at the Selenium preparation. Seek a professional course from a reputed institution backed by rich experience in tutoring.
You May also Like to read: Why do you need QTP Selenium ?
For SELENIUM Training needs, Call 515-309-2098 or email email@example.com.