CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) is the most recognized certification that attests competence in the principles and practices of Business Analysis. CBAP certification removes uncertainty in your professional career providing advantageous professional development opportunities. CBAP certified business analyst are well-qualified hence are offered exceptional salaries compared to other professions of the same level who are not CBAP certified.
According to a recent survey, the average salary of a CBAP is 13% higher than the average salary of a Business Analyst.
Got enough motivation?
Now let’s understand the tit-bits of CBAP Certification course.
I’ll break the whole process into the following 8 steps:
- Understanding BABOK: BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) is a global standard (Guide) that contains the principles and practices of business analysis. BABOK is complex and the best way to get the most out of it is to make formal or informal study groups and discuss its content.
- Meeting the requirements: According to the BABOK, you must have 7,500 hours (5 years) experience of business analysis and 900 hours of experience at least in 4 out of the 6 knowledge areas.
- Deciding If CBAP is right for you: Understanding BABOK in deep is the basic requirement for any business analyst not the CBAP. You may be fed up of the process and need some internal motivations, rethink, plan and decide, If CBAP certificate is worth having to take you to the next level aligning with your qualifications? If yes, you’re good to go.
- Earning required amount of PDs (Professional Development Hours): Before applying and scheduling the exam, you need to earn 21 documented PDs. You can earn those from IIBA®EPATM Bridging the Gap, Laura’s virtual PD course, or if your group study can provide you an opportunity to earn PDs.
- Submitting the application form: Go to the IIBA’s website, check the guidelines, complete CBAP certification process and submit the form.
- Scheduling the exam: When the application is approved, schedule the exam after 2 to 3 months. You can reschedule it later, but it must be scheduled within 1 calendar year of the application approval.
- Preparing for the exam: Before appearing for the exam, you must have precise knowledge of BABOK and must be able to recall it. To prepare for the exam you can use any of these:
- Study Guide or Workbook
- Exam Simulators and Flash Cards
- CBAP preparation Course
You can join ZaranTech’s CBAP Professional Role Based Training Program (http://www.zarantech.com/course-list/cbap-training/) to master your CBAP preparation.
At ZaranTech we provide quality training which includes hands on training, 21 hours of Assignments, Live Case Studies, Video Recordings of sessions, demonstration of the concepts using different tools, Resume prep, Interview Questions etc.
- Passing the exam: Now it is the time, you’ve waited for the long. So sit for the exam, give it your best shot, ace the exam and give your career wings by being a Certified Business Analysis Professional.