Difference between QC and QACategory: General Posted:Dec 18, 2014 By: admin
Quality Assurance (QA): is the methodology where the organisation ensures that certain protocols, procedures, processes and standards are being
followed for a project or product development. The use of statistical tools used to standardize a process is known as Quality assurance.
Quality Control (QC): helps in developing a checklist for a project. It helps to maintain software quality. It also ensures that the project delivers internal and external products. When the statistical tools are finally applied to the end products, this process is quality control.
Let’s understand the differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control:
- Quality Assurance works on processes and Quality Control works on products.
- Quality Assurance is a process to manage quality and Quality Control is a process to verify the end product.
- Quality Assurance is a process to prevent the defect to occur and Quality Control is a process to identify the defect and rectify the same.
- Quality Assurance is a process where coding is not required and Quality Control is a process where coding is required.
- Quality Assurance is a verification process and Quality Control is a validation process.
- Quality Assurance is a staff function process and Quality Control is a line function
- Quality Assurance is a proactive process and Quality Control is a reactive
In a nutshell QA is a part of preventive measure and QC is a part of solving the defect. QA is done in the beginning of the project life cycle whereas QC is done at the end when the product is developed before delivery. Both these processes have proven beneficial in achieving customer satisfaction. This also eliminates the wastes and achieves higher levels of planning. QA and QC have helped in achieving a successful defect free processes and product for the customers. To view the details of ZaranTech QA Training you may visit the website http://www.zarantech.com/course-list/qa/. Call 515-309-2128 or email [email protected]