A project can be derailed due to underestimated tasks, staff leaving the company, resources that are not allocated. There are some practical techniques that can help directing the project on track. Project misses its deadline and is derailed from the objective. Some work can be harder than the ones that are estimated.
In the beginning of the project we have an option to change the deadlines for the project but once the project nears the completion there is no choice to change the deadline. The Business analyst tries to understand the cause for such delays. Some techniques work in such delays for the project. These methods can be followed to avoid delays in the project:
- Working overtime: This is the practice which everyone hates. But if a person decides to spare some extra hours for the project the project can get successfully completed.
- Resources must be allocated properly: once the analyst identifies the critical project he tries to allocate the most important resources for the project. Resources can be moved from one project to another project to compensate for the loss of work.
- Double check the dependencies: This represents the activities that have to follow in order to complete the tasks. The facts for dependencies must be clear and accurate.
- Check time constrained activities: These are the time constrained activities based on the resources available. This time constrained activities must be validated within the time frame.
- Resources must be effectively swapped. The resources that are not effective must be swapped to have a planned productivity.
- Fast track the project to deliver the project on time and delivering the project effectively to the customer.
- Improve the process and scale back the scope of the project.
For PMP Training needs, Visit http://www.zarantech.com/course-list/pmp-training. Call 515-309-1546 or email email@example.com.