10 key attributes of software developerCategory: General Posted:Mar 25,2015 By: admin
An employer seeks a multitasker when he hires someone. A software developer is not only the person who codes but also the person who has lots of positive qualities. Knowledge of languages like SQL, JAVA, Ajax, Linux etc is a part of being a developer but he must be master of all the skills. These are some traits and qualities that are expected from a software developer:
- Passionate; He must be in love with codes. He must enjoy programming and coding. Apart from this he must spend time apart from his work hours on coding and designing.
- Inquisitive; He must be ready to learn and research new developments in the market. Apart from this he must be a quick self-learner.
- Humble; He must be ready to accept that people may be smarter than him, so sharing knowledge and ideas is important while working on the technology.
- Creative; He must innovate with the existing codes. He must go the extra mile to ensure things are done in a better way.
- Friendly; He must get along with the team and ensure that the morale of team is not sabotaged.
- Focus; He must be target oriented and must avoid any distractions from completing the targets on deadline.
- Comprehension; He must make sure that the software requirements make sense and he must build the model or the structure of the software mentally. This can help in define the goals clearly for the project.
- Thirst for knowledge and Logic skills; shall help the developer in finding the solution for an existing problem.
- Persistence; A developer must put in his effort persistently to work on the existing code and to learn a new language.
- Flexible: He must be flexible working long hours , this shall help him to learn the new technologies and try out new codes and system.
For Microsoft .NET Training needs, Visit http://www.zarantech.com/course-list/dotnet